Sunday, August 23, 2009

Youth Hike

Yesterday, Kael and I tagged along on a youth hike to Rockwell Falls in Glacier. It was a pretty short hike to a fabulous waterfall.

Kael was a perfect angel the entire day. My friend Ariel carried him in the hiking backpack, and I pointed out mountains, trees, flowers, etc. Kael loved looking around and saying the names of everything and everyone. We couldn't of asked for a more perfect day.

Once we got to the waterfall, Kael would yell "Timber" at the falling water. I took him to the edge of the water so that he could dip his feet in the icy, glacial water. He was so silly; he would hold on to both of my hands with his legs piked up, then I would dangle him over the water, he would stick his feet in until the were to cold to handle it and longer and then pull is toes out!

This is a picture of us at the destination. Look at that HUGE grin!


This is our friend Ariel jumping into the waterfall. It is very deep water underneath the waterfall and the Youth loved it even though it was freezing cold. And No, I did not jump in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Glacier. That hike looks so fun. THanks for adding that you didn't jump in. It saved me a lot of scolding.

The Silly Witch said...

So cute. You look busty and just a little bit round. How're you feeling?

Grammy said...

Good move, Mommy! I would have hated having you turn into a little pregnant popsicle. Some things are just wiser as spectator sports. It looks like a great day!