Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ta Da! a Masterpiece complete!

Remember last February my Dad came to help us tear apart our basement?


We took out the old fireplace and ended up with a beautiful work of art.  I still can't believe it is actually in MY house!

I love it!


Jayne posed as the cutest gargoyle ever and the boys wanted to watch daddy start a fire before bed instead of bedtime songs!
Here is the project while under construction.  My dad came and completed the job in a short weekend.  He is amazing!

 And if the stove back wasn't enough my Dad also brought s a bunch of wood to burn.  Our kind friends helped Adam chop it up.  What would we do without the help of others?  We are so grateful for all of the hard work and help.



4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

These pictures say "Warm and Cozy." I can't wait to see this in person!

MT Missy said...

Baby Jayne makes an excellent size-scale representative! :) Your fireplace is beautiful! I can't wait to head up there as see the whole basement!

elin said...

Wow! It is gorgeous and looks so inviting. Congratulations.

elin said...

Wow! It is gorgeous and looks so inviting. Congratulations.