Those close to our family know that, due to no fault of our own, we are being evicted from the home that we are renting. This is of concern to us because there are very few houses to rent or buy in our community. Those properties that are available are extremely old and not in good condition. Every home that we have looked into has lead, or leaks or cracked foundations or some combination of these problems. We are a wee bit stressed but we will be fine. We keep paying our tithing and something will come available. After all we have recently been blessed with a lot of family nearby, and we are more than willing to impose on them. Relax! That is a last resort only.
One option that we have been exploring is to build our own new home. We are learning that there is a lot more to this that I had previously thought. However we are undaunted and have constructed our first prototype home together as a family from existing materials that we already own. Below are some pictures of the project as well as a video that shows Adam and
Kael putting the new structure through its paces.

7 comments:
That is without a doubt, the best thing I have ever seen! Kael is adorable and Daddy is just a big kid too - which only makes it more fun. Why is it that nothing is better than consturcting a fort in the livingroom? Unless, of course, it is having a Dad that is willing to play in that fort with you. Thanks for sharing the fun and games!
Hey lisa-loo! The Lord will definlity provide, so keep on keepin on! I love Kael!!!!
Well, it's good to see that you have the skills to make it through this trying time! We'll be praying for you.
I thought that sounded like Adam as soon as I started reading it! I'm so grateful you all are part of my family. I've never known any other two people with as positive an attitude during such a frustrating time. I'm still praying for you. :)
I LOVED the giggling! When it comes to housing in your town, it it isn't "housing woes." It's: Housing? Whoa....... A person needs to inspect EVERTHING.
How frustrating that must be. Have you had any more luck finding anything? I think Adam would do a great job building a house ;) Practicing with the couch cushions is definitly a plus! And fun at the same time! Sweet memories!
we got evicted for our first place here in Ajo it sucked horrible casue i was 7 months along. But the lord will be by your side. :)
Post a Comment